Wednesday, January 26, 2011

An Impersonal Process

The past couple of days have been really rough on Mom. She slept through yesterday completely except for the few minutes it took her to take her medicine when we roused her to do so. She hasn't been out of bed much, and I think she's been looking rather green (or blue, mood-wise). She's been feeling down and current developments haven't been helping much--unless you're rooting for the discouragement.

As I've previously mentioned, we have been in the process of getting Medicaid help so Mom can get her tests. We've recently been informed that we are on a 90-day waiting list for a Utah board of approval to go over our disability case. There is a strong possibility that since we don't have an actual medical reason for Mom being almost completely bedridden, our case will be turned down.

We simply wish that someone would have informed us early on in the process so that we could have gone ahead with the tests a month and a half ago. As it is, we must now find a way to pay for a series of tests (MRA, MRV, and CT Angiography)which will total $7,300-$9,300. There is a 56% discount if cash is paid up front--cash we don't have. We were hopeful that ecclesiastical leaders could help, but the amount is too high. The tests are scheduled for next Tuesday, February first.

Without a miracle, the appointment will have to be canceled. I don't know how these things will come together to get my mother healed, but I believe that they can. I KNOW they can. I won't give up; none of us will. I know many of you are under financial strains yourself, but if you know anyone who is in a position to help, please pass on my dad's website, AndersonsFineArt.com. He is willing to give severe cuts in the prices, at LEAST 50% off what's posted on the website. Feel free to call and come see them or pick up business cards to pass to your friends. We could use anything we can get right now.

Most of all, as always, your prayers are the most valuable things you can give my family right now. I know that everything will be all right, somehow. Meanwhile, thank you for your love and prayers, and all the help you continue to give us.